4.30.2005

They said it would get easier over time. They said I would feel shame at first, followed by cold emotional detatchment. They were wrong. Every person I killed echoed in my thoughts for months before becoming silent, but by that time I would have ended many more.
I am a born killer. That's what I've been told for some time now. So I enlisted in the military and excelled. Within five short years I'd made it to the Special Forces. We do the army's dirty work here. The soldiers throw their lives away in acts of heroism and patriotism, while we are too good to be thrown away like that. We lurk in the shadows and deal death to entire cities by way of explosives or gas. Not a single member of our elite group has died for uncountable years. During this time death has been dealt to thousands under the strict order of the United States president. Training has honed our skills to a cruel, deadly point. Unfortunates in our path never survive.
They said it was an honor.
They were wrong.
Tonight is the big one. I've been briefed on the mission already. When this goes down, it could prevent a war... or start a much bigger one. We don't know for sure. But an infiltration of the Russian government? We do what we're ordered to do.

1 ... :

Blogger Tyler said...

Kekeke. Just picked a random government.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home